Sunday, November 4, 2012

CHERIE CURRIE - Beauty's Only Skin Deep LP & CHERIE CURRY AND MARIE CURRIE - Messin' With The Boys LP

CHERIE CURRIE - Beauty's Only Skin Deep LP
(Mercury - Phonogram//France, 1977)

I don't really know what to say about these. I picked these up tonight from Dreadful Sounds Recordshop in Columbus. Obviously bought for the RUNAWAYS connection. For Beauty's Only Skin Deep I was hoping for some catchy glam rock since Fowley was involved in the songwriting, but this is a bizarre pop rock record that sounds like THE CARPENTERS were a main influence (who I love, for the record). Cherie's sister does some backing vocals on one song. I believe Cherie was still a teenager at this point...cover is Pedo-Bear approved.


CHERIE CURRY AND MARIE CURRIE - Messin' With The Boys LP
(Capitol - EMI//USA, 1979)


I think I actually like Messin' With The Boys more, Cherie's sister Marie has a bigger role and pretty much sings on every song. This is basically an 80s rock sounding record, but has a driving feel through the whole record with some somewhat heavy guitars (if you put them up against 80s FLEETWOOD MAC or something like that). It's pretty catchy and might be something good to clean the house to, but I don't think I will saying "FUCK YEAH, HAVE YOU HEARD MESSIN' WITH THE BOYS?! RAGING!" Whatever, kinda cool records for RUNAWAYS fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment