Tuesday, June 19, 2012

TANK - Filth Hounds Of Hades 12", NEGAZIONE - Lo Spirito Continua... 12"



TANK - Filth Hounds Of Hades 12" (Attic//Canada - Kamaflage//UK)
What really needs to be said about this band? Classic, powerful, driving, rock and roll Motorhead type band, I could sit around listening to TANK all day. This is the weird looking Canadian press from Attic Records (2nd press, I believe). Take me back to 1982, if only I was listening to TANK instead of HUEY LEWIS AND THE NEWS. I have bought lots of great records from RJ the past couple years and here is another one to add to the vault.

4 / 5 bells

 

NEGAZIONE - Lo Spirito Continua... 12" (Mordam//USA - Konkurrel//Netherlands)
It's difficult to imagine Mordam releasing a raging Italian HC record from 1986, but here is proof that it happened. The 1985 self-released Tutti Pazzi EP seems to be more talked about for its pure raw intensity; this Lo Spirito LP shows the band becoming more competent with their playing with a bit of a slicker and fuller production sound...but not too much, mind you. This is the 2nd pressing I got from my friend Andy (1st pressing was released by Konkurrel only), this is great quirky hardcore, I love the odd changes and song structures while still working within a more or less straight forward ripping hardcore punk sound. Each song is packed with riffs and fury, this is a one of a kind record. I would love to see hardcore punk bands these days use a little more imagination in their songwriting.

4.5 / 5 bells

No comments:

Post a Comment