Thursday, July 5, 2012

HUMAN POWER - Human Power? 7"

HUMAN POWER - Human Power? 7"
(2012, Blindead Productions//Sweden)
Sent to me from Blindead, this is a fun project band with a modern take on G.I.S.M., recorded in 2004. This EP was originally released in a low quantity (200, I believe), but is available again, but in a better quantity this time (500), thanks to Blindead Productions from Sweden. The sound of this record will probably annoy many people that hear it, but for G.I.S.M. fans, it may be a different story: from the vocals that are mixed way too loud to the shitty sounding overfuzzed guitar. Beyond the initial impression of "shitty sound," these are actually 4 well crafted songs with layered guitars and vocals that probably took a good amount of time and effort to get to sound the way they do. People seem to be releasing a lot of "project" records these days. It doesn't bother me one bit, especially when I like it. Cool record, I am into it, this is a keeper for me.

4 / 5 bells

No comments:

Post a Comment