Thursday, May 14, 2009

5/25/09 Project Hopeless (Sweden), Expendable Youth, Empire, Painkiller show

Project Hopeless flyer


MONDAY 5/25/09
9 PM @THE LEGION OF DOOM
1579 INDIANOLA AVE

ALL AGES. NO BOOZE. RIPPERS ONLY.

I was pleasantly surprised when I got the Project Hopeless 12". The political nature of the album really reminded me of the 90s U.K. anarcho-crust punk bands like Disaffect and Sedition. It was often mundane at the time, but in today's climate, it is actually a breath of fresh air. Most hardcore bands of today don't dare have such starkly leftist lyrics...maybe out of fear of sounding too naive? This mixed with a brutal Swedish hardcore sound is a great mix, in my book. Either way, I am looking forward to this show. From here, it looks solid all the way around. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Columbus' Empire in a while. For those outside of Ohio, they are our very own Integrity worshippers, playing heavy as shit hardcore. Great stuff. I am also interested to see Painkiller, I have heard good things.

Band links:
PROJECT HOPELESS
EXPENDABLE YOUTH
EMPIRE

No comments:

Post a Comment